The 2017 Match of the Millennials is a team event with 9 U.S.A. players competing against 9 World players in two section, U17 and U14.
- Teams: The match will be played in two sections: Team U17 - four (4) boards with a substitute. Players must be born on or after January 1st, 2000. Team U14 - four (4) boards consisting of two Boys & two Girls U14 Players must be born on or after January 1st, 2003. Substitute player can enter if registered an hour before the start of the game.
- Format: U17 Team will be playing a double round Scheveningen system tournament - total of eight games for each player - two rounds a day. U14 Team will be playing four rounds match. Boys of Boards 1 and 2 will play two games against each of the players of the Board 1 and 2 of their counterparts on Boards 1 and 2 respectively. The same format is for the Girls on Boards 1 and 2. U14 Team will be playing one game a day, total four games for each player. USA vs. The World 2017 - Regulations 2 Board points are counting for the final standings. Each winning team of each section will be the first to score 16½ points out of the 32 games (U17) and 8½ points out of the 16 games (U14). In overall standings, the winning delegation will be the first to score 24½ points out of the 48 games. In case of a tie (section & overall) the match will be drawn. There will be a winning team (if any) in each section and an overall winner of both sections (if any).
- Time Control: All games will be played by classical time control: 90 minutes for the entire game with a 30 seconds increment per move, starting from the first move (G/90+30" increment).
- Prompt Arrival: Players are expected to arrive promptly for their games. Players more than 30 (thirty) minutes late for a round shall forfeit that round.
- Chief Arbiter Discretion: In the event of an unexpected occurrence, the Chief Arbiter reserves the right to make all decisions in conjunction with or on behalf of the Chess Club.