- Prompt Arrival: Players are expected to arrive promptly for their games. Players more than 30 (thirty) minutes late for a round shall forfeit that round.
- No Draws: A 30-move draw rule will be in effect throughout the event, including any playoff games. Players may not mutually agree to a draw in less than 30 moves.
- No Cell Phones: No cell phones or other electronic devices shall be allowed in the tournament area.
- Time Control: 90 minutes for the first 40 moves followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an addition of 30 seconds (increment) per move starting from move one.
- Notation: Due to the 30-second increment, players are required to maintain an accurate and legible score sheet at all times during all games, and are required to keep their notation up-to-date.
- Chief Arbiter Discretion: In the event of an unexpected occurrence, the Chief Arbiter reserves the right to make all decisions in conjunction with or on behalf of the Chess Club.
- Playoffs: At the conclusion of the Event, if more than one player is tied for first place, the Chess Club shall hold a playoff to determine the clear first-place winner. First place prize will be awarded to the winner of the Playoff, while all remaining tied players will share subsequent prizes equally.