- Prompt Arrival: Players are expected to be at the board before each round begins.
- No Draws: Players may not mutually agree to a draw in less than 30 moves.
- Electronics: No electronics are allowed in the playing area.
- Time Control: 90 minutes for the first 40 moves, followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an additional 30 seconds (increment) per move starting from move 1.
- Notation: Players are required to keep accurate notation throughout each game.
- Playoffs: A combination of rapid, blitz and armageddon games shall be used to break any tie for 1st place.